Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big News .....A Mission Transfer



I have a new mission call! I have been called to serve the remaining year of my mission in the Houston South, Texas Mission-English speaking. President Smith says he has never seen me quite so perky and cheerful. I feel a huge relief from the stress of this very difficult Thai language. I know that we learn and grow from challenges and the challenges in the MTC learning Thai and then the three months of trying to overcome the challenge and obstacles here in Thailand will only make me a better person. It was such a joy to attend the baptism of the cutest family of 3 whom we taught from start to baptism, however it broke my heart that I couldn't understand their wonderful testimonies.

I am looking forward to serving the needs of the wonderful people of Texas.
Here is the Map of my new mission.

For now, the weather in my new mission is about 10-12 degrees cooler than Bangkok, with highs in the mid 80's rather than the upper 90's. Thailand is just starting to enter into their hot season and so is Houston. Soon, I will find out if I will be in a bike area or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment