Monday, January 10, 2011

First Weekly Update from Thailand

From Sister Katrina Amero.
Weekly Update letter to her President.

I love it here!! So pretty and the food is amazing, well my tongue tells me that my stomach sometimes disagree, but i eat it anyways cause it is so good!

The members are so welcoming and the area is golden. I wonder why the area was closed in the first place to sisters, why was it?

We are already teaching and have given two soft baptism commitments and both investigators, first lesson, said yes! so cool. we have gotten alot of potentials too, 2 full pages on our planners.

The members are really willing to help us teach too.

The power of prayer works! and even when we have one in our hearts.

I am so grateful that my father in heaven knows me and my desires. When I found out this was one of the areas without a bike for sisters I was thrilled. bikes are very painful for me and I am happy I am in the city, has a interesting smell here though.

I know heavenly father knows I also don't like dogs, and i have not been bitten yet or chased, such a blessing!

I have been humbled though, since my trainer and I are not familiar with the area, but that just means lots of contacting especially when traveling, 3 potential that look really good were from traveling 2 while waiting and 1 taxi driver, actually the one traveling from moves :)

tell Sister Smith I say hi and I love her! You have such a wonderful khuu!

Sister Amero

***That wasn't quite the same update we the parents got, but that's okay.
We were told that she hates showering with ants and wants to hire a maid to do the initial cleaning job on the apt that had not been used by missionaries prior to their arrival in this new opened up area of Chiang Mai. Apparently, there is too much mold and many bugs. Not surprising, but Yikes....

No comments:

Post a Comment