Monday, February 21, 2011

Sister Amero trys Dragon Fruit




I received my recipes from home and I desire to cook them. I only have a hot plate and a microwave though. But there is an oven at the church and I can bake before district meeting on Tuesdays, maybe... So I want to make pumpkin spice cookies. Two problems though- 1 there are no choc chips here, and 2 there are no cans of pumpkin so I could blend pumpkin in a blender, if i had a blender and not use choc chips. I am just thinking, ask for family to make them and airmail them for my birthday or christmas,but that would probably cost like 50 dollars to do that. Oh well.

So I went to the doctor on Thursday, my foot was swollen and infected again. (ingrown toe nail). Lets just say Thai medicine is not American and I am SO grateful, even more than ever for the USA, and all the laws they have. I sent a full account of the Doctor office happenings by copying my 4 journal pages so they are in the mail traveling to you now. But I did not add- I asked the Doctor to wash his hands and he
told me "this is not a sterile procedure... and it would not be cost effective" seriously? cost effective? I wanted to give him 6 baht to pay for the soap and water. Then he said "it is already infected and you will be taking antibiotics so you do not need to worry" ..... So yeah that added. I did say in the Journal pages that Sister Hirschi passed out, which wouldn't be too alarming if her whole body clammed up like she was having a seizure. She had to see a neurologist and got three stitches, because the table to the ground was a high drop and her face hit first. Also when the nurses rolled her over no one supported her head, the sound of a skull SLAMMING against cement floor is an unbearable sound. She later said when she came to that the back of her head hurt. I told her lightly what they had done.

I had dragon fruit for the first time this week, it is white with black seeds on the inside and hot pink/purple on the outside and taste like the coconut jello from Hawaii that we make on the stove and cantalope- those two textures combined.

In a lesson with our baptismal daters - 2 weeks away! This is so exciting, since we started with zero investigators, due to opening an area and all. We started with nothing, so I have seen them from start to endure. On Saturdays we tend to just read the Book of Mormon with them seeing that they have never read anything like it, the language is foreign to them. So Sister Hirschi helped the Grandma read in the other room
(don't worry I could still see my companion no rules broken) and she asked me to do all the reading in Thai by myself! 2 Nephi 32. I did it. Yay! I didn't really know what they were saying when I asked "what does this verse say" "yeah that's right" also with a member who talked with no yielding so she did breathe when she talked, meaning no breath for me to say "read __ " or "yes, thank you."

We also had correlation meeting that night, like every Saturday, the new mission leader asked me to give the spiritual thought, my vocab is very small, and I don't know how to read so had Elder Murphy read 2 Nephi 32: 8. Seeing i just read that chapter hours before and talked about it the vocab was: satan, evil, prayer, not, happy, holy ghost and spirit. I said "satan tells us not to pray, the spirit of god tells us to pray, the evil spirit, or satan does not want us to pray because he knows when we pray we feel the love of god." all in Thai.

I am thankful in the MTC our class was just me and companion, yeah, we were a district of two. We had two classes a day,for just two of us, each class had to begin with a spiritual thought so we each gave one a day, in Thai.

So yeah, this week we didn't have many lessons taught or inviting because one- swollen foot and it hurt to walk, and two- Sister Hirschi had stiches so we had some time to study. I FINISHED THE BOOK OR MORMON! I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES! Read 'em, and have joy. I have read the BofM 3 times now but this time read it through highlighting "god" and "lord" and "jesus" etc and in yellow the general story. It made me really look for Jesus and once again my testimony of the gospel has increased! The book is true, it is not fictional, though the doctrine is so exciting like every time I read it, like my personal Narnia, it's such an escape which everyone can experience. Since I know the Book of Mormon is not fictional but is written by real people, it is a story of real people, the writing of prophets of old. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet because it is through the power of God that the record was translated, The Book of Mormon is not fictional but real and there is no way a man, anyone, not just Joseph smith could write such a complex book with how many cross references there are to the new and old testament and within the book itself. IT IS AMAZING and every story can help you and apply to your own struggles and trials as the people in the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment