Tuesday, August 31, 2010

hummm dinger

So, went dancing on Saturday. I love dancing! Last slow song of night danced with a stranger, before I could ask "Do you know how to waltz? want to learn?" He asked if I knew! Yay! and, man, let me tell you, felt so good and right! Also got to swing dance Anyways..

Also at the end of the dance, when the lights came on, talked about the MTC with Steven Body, (previous mission lead in the branch) Told me it is amazing there. I kind of grunged at the fact I would be there for 12 weeks, 3 months, $1200 worth of time. He said something on the lines of "It is the most pure place other than the temple. Evil cannot reside there because it is being constantly pushed out. Only way evil can enter is if you invite it in... You will learn so much and the teachers are the best. It is not like an Elder gets off his mission and thinks 'I think I want to work in the MTC for awhile' They are really the best of the best." He agreed food gets old and small living quarters suck. Told me you get to go to the temple every week on your P (personal) day, which I already knew.

A stranger asked me to befriend her on facebook. I added her to look at her info to see if I knew her (usually look then delete as a friend if I don't) She is LDS and resides in Thailand. I asked her how she found me. She said she asked the Elders in the office for all the incoming missionaries and found me on facebook. Crazy, right? I found a sister missionary, in her friend list, who has served there and went home. What a blessing! I asked her all the questions I had been wondering about (I will probably post the Qs on facebook, not on this blog tho). Also the girl in thailand created an event '126 days til Christmas. Let's read the Book of Mormon" I invited all my friends, non members too. And a non member joined! I sent her the following message:

***
I noticed you join this group. I assume you do not have a Book of Mormon. 2 ways you can read it

1. by order a free copy- see link below

or

2. Reading it online- http://scriptures.lds.org/en/bm/contents

Also, thought you may want to know what to expect when reading it too. http://www.mormon.org/book-of-mormon/

I know this book is true and that Joseph Smith, a prophet of God translated it. I know this because I have prayed and asked my heavenly father if it is true. If you have any questions I would love to try to answer them.

Request a free Book of Mormon | Mormon.org
www.mormon.org
The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ is a record of God’s dealings with the inhabitants of ancient America (Learn more about the Book of Mormon).

Ashley Shea-
Haha believe it or not I already have a Book of Mormon.

Katrina Amero-
That's awesome! Well it is online too. I would read the introduction first. I found it very helpful.

***

Yesterday, I asked my mom when running Errands "Mom, what do you think about missionary work?"
"You know I don't like it"
"Why is that?"
"I don't know. I think it is embarrassing to talk about religion to others... They already have their opinions and it not like I am going to tell them anything new"
"Really? You don't think you're not going to tell them anything new?!"
"Not really, they already have there mind made up"
"Do people at work know your Mormon"
"Yeah they know"
"Do they ever ask you questions?"
She said something along the lines of "Sometimes, but not really. I don't see the point in sharing if they aren't interested. They have to be already looking for me to share"

This made me think. Do people have to search on there own, do it ALL on their own in order to find the true gospel of God (seems like that what my mom means) I think 'every member a missionary' and we don't need a cross around our necks to be distinguished. It is by our works that we are known. So, with that in mind, I think God places us where we are able to share the gospel, I don't think we have to be asked. I think if I feel prompted I should do so. It may not be for that persons benefit, but maybe mine. Maybe so my testimony will grow and I will be better equipped when someone who is really interested I can be even more prepared, and knowledge filled to share.

Today I went shopping and I was surprised there was Halloween candy. I picked up my mom favorite- Almond Joys, Dads- Peanut M%Ms, Mine- butterfinger. I carried them to the cart and mom whispers- We don't need those... put them back. Plus, you haven't been exercising that good this week" I whisper "Why are you whispering?" She didn't reply. I exercised 4 times last week- I went hiking, ran, pilates, and went dancing. Thanks for calling me fat Mom, so rude

No comments:

Post a Comment